E-commerce in Nigeria
E-commerce in Nigeria is an area characterized by rapid development and involves new opportunities and risks to businesses. Aspire Solicitors assists a large number of transnational companies, foreign law firms, and international clients in connection with the marketing and sale of their products on the Internet, and also across Nigeria. In many cases, such activities are associated with special legal challenges, including in relation to:
- Intellectual property rights protection in Nigeria
- Brand protection and anti-counterfeiting in Nigeria
- Consumer rights in Nigeria
- Rules on means of payment
- Marketing rules in Nigeria
- Processing of personal data
- Privacy and data protection in Nigeria
- Selling on Amazon, Alibaba, Jumia, Jiji, etc.
- Disclosure obligations
- Complex rules on choice of law and jurisdiction
We also advise clients who risk incurring liability for damages or criminal liability under the rules applying to internet service providers.